I wish all of you that have someone special in your life to share this romantic holiday with the warmest of wishes. While some of you will buy something special for your loved one or significant other, I want you to take a second to think about adding a little spice to your day. Endorphins can be released in all sorts of ways, exercise, physical pain, and of course sex. Why not get that release and get that feeling freely flowing way before you get to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Get yourselves a little spicy food, and you can throw in some oysters and chocolate too for that extra aphrodisiac shove over the line.
Here is a thought, anyone ever try a spicy fondue? I love cheese, but why not kick it up with a chocolate fondue? How awesome would that be to get the endorphin and aphrodisiac thing going at the same time? Dip some oysters into a spicy cheese fondue too. I have one spicy cheese fondue from Rachel Ray that I found on her website from a few years ago. While it might not be the spice level a chilehead might want, it is a start. Check it out:
Spicy Cheese Fondue
By: Rachael Ray
Add ingredients to your Every Day essentials (rachaelraymag.com/kitchen) and dip into a party-pleasing recipe.
6 servings Prep: 15 mins Cook: 20 mins
- 3/4 pound grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (ILIS tip- more heat)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- Thick-cut bacon, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces, for dipping
- Small new potatoes, boiled and halved, for dipping
- Gala apples, cored and sliced, for dipping
- Pretzel rods, for dipping
- In a bowl, toss together the Parmesan cheese and cornstarch.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the milk, chicken broth and chiles over medium heat until warm. Add the cream cheese and cook, whisking, until smooth, about 5 minutes. Bring to a simmer and add the Parmesan mixture, a large handful at a time, stirring until smooth. Cook the sauce over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the fondue warm with the bacon, potatoes, apples and pretzel rods for dipping.
Have a great day!