14 thoughts on “Johnny compares the Bhut Jolokia to the Trinidad Scorpion

• September 14, 2010 at 10:23 pm

That looks painful.
    I’ve never had one of the fresh ones before. How do they compare to the dried / smoked ones?

• September 14, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Maybe you will get a chance in Houston in a few days. 😈

• September 14, 2010 at 11:06 pm

You rocked it man!
    I have tried a dried one but not a fresh one. The dried was very hot!(I am embarrassed to say it was just a part of one) I don’t think I could have been that calm and collected after eating a whole fresh one.
    I will say this, I mostly have consumed Habanero and Jalapeno peppers. Over the last year I have been using sauces with the Jolokia Peppers. At first I didn’t now if I liked the sweet unique flavor it has but now I must say that I am hooked. Next year I am going to try to grow some…It’s not something that you can buy here fresh. Lately I have been mixing DaBomb Ghost Peeper sauce with all my salsa’s. I love it but everyone else is very hesitant to try it! Thanks for the comparison.

• September 14, 2010 at 11:23 pm

I will add that the when the numbers are in, the Trinidad very well be right up there. However I feel the Bhut is more of a sensory onslaught making it seem hotter. Indeed they are close. Even afterwards the But in my stomach left me with much more of a flushed body feeling than the scorpion. The flavor of the Trinidad was without doubt more prominent and I think it will really take off as a sauce ingredient. I’d like to see it in a sauce than brings out the floral notes, a berry blend with Trinidads and notes of lavender?

• September 15, 2010 at 10:47 am

I am surprised that you turned into the Dairy Godmother at the end. :surrender:

• September 15, 2010 at 11:15 am

yes, buddah the video and commentary was one thing, i wasn’t about to ride that one out all the way.

• September 15, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Geez Johnny, I was worried you were going to puke!

• September 15, 2010 at 5:59 pm

I just sent an email to work on getting some Dorset Naga’s sent over from the UK, I want to do that video before the numbers come in!

• September 15, 2010 at 6:49 pm

Try to get the Infinity

• September 15, 2010 at 7:13 pm

I know, The UK’s getting a Buzz, We might have to take a filed trip tour over there. But we’d have to change the “preserves” back to “chutney” (UK edition!)

• September 17, 2010 at 9:16 am

Damn Bro – that was pretty impressive. I look forward to trying the Trinidad (which I have yet to experience), but the heat of fresh Bhuts (and the amount you chewed) threw me for a loop. I had flashbacks of the last Bhut I ate with the Cleveland State University Women’s Soccer team (true story that I’ll tell ya the next time we meet on the road!). Rock On, Cowboy George

• September 17, 2010 at 4:22 pm

OMG, you really are insane. I could NOT believe it when you put the whole pepper in your mouth ! Hope everything came out all right in the end 🙂

• September 17, 2010 at 10:04 pm

eww!

• April 13, 2014 at 2:59 am

You still rocked it!!!!! the dried pepper is actually hotter than a fresh pepper. the fresh one would be less hot than the dried one because the dried one would have more volume by weight of capsaisin than the fresh bhut.