Filipino Phil’s Nuclear Sauces Wins Double Bronze at World’s Most Competitive Fiery Foods Contest!
What are the Scovie Awards?
- The annual Scovie Awards recognize top fiery foods products from around the globe. It is one of the world’s most competitive gourmet food competitions.
When are the Scovie Awards held?
- The Scovie Awards take place annually in the month of October.
Who enters the Scovie Awards?
- The Scovie Awards is an annual competition created by Dave DeWitt that recognizes the top fiery foods products in the world. The awards were named after the Scoville scale, a measurement of the spicy heat of a chile pepper. It is one of the most competitive blind tasted food competitions. Hundred of products are entered and go through rigorous tastings to receive the top honors. Competition for the 2014 Scovie Awards was stronger than ever, with a record-breaking 805 product entries. Dave DeWitt, founder of the Scovie Awards and National Fiery Foods and Barbecue Show said entries came from 31 states and five countries including Australia, Bermuda, Canada, England and the United States. “We’re thrilled that participation in the Scovie Awards continues to skyrocket. Companies recognize our awards as the most competitive blind taste tested event in the world,” DeWitt said.
What did Filipino Phil’s win?
The 2014 Scovie Awards judging panel of top culinary experts honored with third place in two categories after judging hundreds of entries from around the world:
- Condiments – Hot & Spicy category for Filipino Phil’s Nuclear Chipotle Sauce.
- Wing Sauce category for Filipino Phil’s Nuclear Meltdown Sauce.
Here is another new comer to the show. Check them out.